Please use ONE of the following prompts to write a 500-word personal statement:
CoderSpace is particularly interested in working with youth who are interested in starting a computer science club in their community. In a 500-word personal statement:
1) Discuss why you are interested in starting a computer science club.
2) Share your ideas for how you might go about starting a computer science club: Where might you host the club? Who may be interested in joining? How will you recruit members? What types of projects and activities would make the club exciting?
3) Briefly describe the resources and support you would need from CoderSpace to make this happen.
At CoderSpace, we believe the ability to lead is just as important as the ability to code. In a 500-word personal statement:
1) Define what leadership means to you and describe the qualities of a good leader.
2) Discuss how you are a leader in your world, whether it be at home, at school or in your community.
3) Share how your leadership will make a positive contribution to the 2017 CoderSpace Summer Apprenticeship.
Digital technology is central to the mission and work of CoderSpace. In a 500-word personal statement:
1) Discuss the role of digital technology in your life, including at least one positive and one negative impact.
2) Discuss the role of digital technology in society, including at least one positive and one negative impact.
3) Share your ideas for how we, as individuals and as a society, can amplify the positive impacts of digital technology and minimize the negative impacts of digital technology in our world.